Thursday, September 30, 2010

Other Stores

I recently visited a different store while shopping the other day. It's not in our district (though it is closer to my house than my actual store but w/e) so I don't know anyone working there personally. The only interaction I've had with them is when we sent an RSB to them. An RSB is a box of shipment, usually games, that we send to other stores. So say we have 56 Madden NFL 2011 and they have none, we will send them 10 or so. RSBs suck and take forever to do. You have to find 95% of the games and reprice everything correctly (I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who does this though but one day I will get a beautiful RSB).

Anyway, when we print the shipment info sticker to put on the outside of the box, it prints out all our information like on all the receipts. If you look at any receipt, you will see they each say something different at the top, depending on what store you went to. My (super-awesome-back-in-the-day) SM made it say, "Make Your Gameplay Legendary!" which is a reference to How I Met Your Mother (aka the best show ever). Well, we are both working one day and we get a phone call from the store I was talking about earlier. The SM there goes, "You guys know what it says at the top of your receipts?!" Yes, obviously, we've noticed. "Well...you guys know you can change it right...?" Yes, thank you Mr. Passive Aggressive for your wise comments. We will make sure to change it to something Corporate-y as to not offend you next month when you get our next RSB.

I find it impressive they have so much time on their hands they can call up random stores (not even in their district!!) and b*tch about insignificant stuff. I can understand if we sent you 200 DS games without boxes but we didn't. Because we are awesome.

Back to my visit last week, I walk in and no one greets me (-10 points). I head over to the used PS3 wall to see if they had a used Dead Space. I instantly notice the organization of the wall. As in there is none. It's all random.

At my store I am the most OCD person about walls. If I could spend all day making sure they are perfectly alphabetized and priced I would do it in a heartbeat. When I see a someone putting a game back where it belongs, I will drop what I'm doing and snatch it out of his hands and make a big show of putting it back where it goes. I can understand if it's a kid, they don't know better (but their parents should!) but when it's a perfectly competent adult it really ticks me off.

So you can probably understand how shocked I was to find the entire store unorganized. I promptly gave up looking at the walls and went next to the registers. I stand there patiently for about 5 minutes until the only employee comes to talk to me (I know better than to annoy you when you're finishing something). I end up buying Left 4 Dead 2 instead and I had to give them my Edge Card since they didn't even ask me for it (-10 points again).

Overall, it seems like a crappy store to work but considering it was in a mall and by definition mall stores are shitholes, I'm not surprised. Thank god, they're not in our district.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you got fired