Monday, September 20, 2010

Turtle Beach Headsets

So ever since I transferred to my new store I've been hearing all about the spiffy Turtle Beach headsets that run $70+. Now bear with me if these have been around for forever, I don't use mics very often (if ever) in online play so all I had was a normal Sony bluetooth headset.

Well tonight we had a guy trade in his PS3, all his games and his accessories. I do the trade and it's only when I'm putting stuff away do I notice the wired headset says Turtle Beach on it. This was the first pair I'd ever had traded-in in my two years of Gamestop employment. As it turns out, technically the Turtle Beach headsets are considered "wired headsets" at Gamestop, which means you will get a cool $3.50 for them. In return we will sell them for $15. That's right. It's possible to get those spiffy headsets for $65 cheaper than brand new. Of course once I noticed these were Turtle Beaches I stuck them in a corner and purchased them at the end of my shift. With my employee discount and edge card, it totaled $12.

The difference is unbelievable. It's like having a surround sound system in your head. You can even jack up the "bass" which makes footsteps and explosions stand out more in games like Call of Duty.

We've also just done a remodel of our store to transform it from EB Games to full fledged Gamestop. FINALLY we now have drawers to store games instead of cubbies. All the other stores I have worked with before had these and they are much, much better.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

can i trade in a sony bluetooth head set
to game stop