Saturday, October 16, 2010

Racism? Not sexy.

I was closing with Sonic the other night when these two dudes came in. Typical geeks but hey there's nothing wrong with that. One of them has a giant beard that looks like it hasn't been shaved in years. The other keeps inserting the fact that he's married into every single sentence. Sonic steers clear of them which should have been the first tip off that there's something majorly wrong about them because Sonic is nice to everyone. I humor them for a bit but after about five minutes I slowly distance myself and start doing busy work until these two other guys came in. They had been in earlier trying to trade in a fat PS2 without a controller. They were pretty funny and had promised to come back with a controller. They came back with a PS1 controller. We (the two of them, Sonic and I, not the two annoying guys from earlier who were STILL here 20 minutes later) are all talking and joking around. The cool dudes leave once the annoying guys start talking about JRPG is the best. Sonic jokingly whispers to me, "We should have asked those guys earlier to punch those two in the face." I nod at him and whisper back knowingly, "they totally would have done it too."

Now we were both totally kidding up until the point where the annoying married one tries to show us (me) a magic "twin towers" trick with a $20 bill. I'm literally completely ignoring him until the bearded one loudly says, "HE'S TRYING TO IMPRESS YOU LOOOOK." I inwardly roll my eyes and glance in his direction, "that's cool" and return to what I was doing. Since I wasn't paying attention all I gathered was that by folding the $20 he somehow made the Twin Towers appear and then fall down. I have no patience for 9/11 jokes. I'm not super patriotic in the slightest but at least have some respect. Apparently Sonic felt the same way because he responded with a feeble, "wow cool"and gave me a look that said: Goddamn I really wish we'd get a big trade right about now. I agree with a nod. THEN it seems married boy wasn't getting the attention he wanted because he goes, "Yeah 9/11 is Christmas to Muslims. It's like a holiday. They love it.

I stand straight up and look at Sonic. Our mouths just drop open slightly. Did we just hear him correctly? Yes. He really said that.

"Yeah you know what? That's not cool. We don't tolerate racism in here buddy." I tell him.
"You guys need to leave now" adds Sonic.

The bearded friend knew a line had been crossed and he grabbed his friend and they left.

Man, they were so lucky our SM Leeroy wasn't in. He would have flipped out on them. He does not care about customer service bullshit. You cross a line and he will let you have it. "Get the fuck out of my store," I can see him now. Oh man *shakes head*

2 comments:

Hunterelf said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQnIJ-ljctk

swarkles said...

Niiice